- That this Club be called “THE STANTON FISHING CLUB”.
- That the business of the club be conducted by a Chairman, Secretary, Match Secretary, Treasurer and a Committee of five or more members; to be elected at the Annual Meeting each year; five to form a quorum.
- That the Secretary shall call an extraordinary meeting of members provided 12 members send a signed request to that effect.
- Anglers can only occupy one peg and can only fish up to halfway to the next peg and halfway across on any water where the bank is pegged on the opposite side. NO EXCEPTIONS. A maximum of 2 rods allowed at any time on any water and only one angler per peg. NO EXCEPTIONS. All junior members must always BE accompanied by a responsible adult. JUNIORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FISH WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.
- Night permits are available for Chadwicks Pond Only at an additional cost of £50.00. Permits can be obtained from club secretary, Walkers of Trowell and from the bailiffs on certain occasions. Anyone caught night fishing on any other water other than Chadwicks (with a permit) will be banned with immediate effect.
- Night Lines, Bank Lines and Netting prohibited. All offenders expelled and prosecuted. Dogs must be kept under proper control.
- That a minute concerning Committee business once passed shall stand for the current season, unless every member of the Committee present at the meeting be in agreement for alteration.
- Pike fishing with dead baits and lures only.
- That the Club shall appoint Water Bailiffs.
- Any member found to have committed wilful damage to club property or facilities will be banned from the club for life.
- No Day Tickets or Friends Permits allowed on Stanton Fishing Club’s waters, season ticket only.
- Patrons shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting or a special General Meeting called for that purpose.
- No fish to be removed from Club Waters without written permission from the Committee.
- All members shall renew their membership annually. Membership shall commence 1st April each year and expire 31st March the following year.
- The financial year shall end on 31st January.
- That any member shall ascertain that none but bona fide members shall fish the waters and that if circumstances require, he shall demand to see the card of membership.
- No alteration can be made to these rules except at an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary Meeting and a month’s notice in writing must be given, and a vote of at least two-thirds majority of those present shall be necessary in favor of such alterations before it can be adopted.
- Should anything occur not provided for in the rules, the circumstances shall be submitted to the Committee whose decision shall be final.
- Resolutions for the A.G.M. must be submitted in writing before the A.G.M.
- Sweetcorn TINS, Luncheon Meat TINS and any other bait in TINS are banned from Club Waters.
- No unofficial matches may take place without the prior permission of the Match Secretary.
- Nets of at least 36″ span and unhooking mats must be used when specimen fishing. Use of hand towels to handle fish is completely banned. No fish to be unhooked on bare ground or Grass.
- The use of any type of nut is strictly banned in all Stanton F.C. waters.
- Strictly no pre-baiting allowed in all Stanton F.C. waters.
- No members are allowed to drive on or around the football pitches at Kirk Hallam, please use the car parks provided.
- Members sitting on the Stanton Committee must have no other Committee, Bailiffing or any other managements commitments to another Angling Club.
- Any members wishing to join the Stanton Fishing Club Committee must submit their application in writing one month before the A.G.M. or at the last Committee Meeting before the A.G.M.
- All keep nets must be fishery approved and comply with EA requirements. Nets must be laid out to dry on the bank for a minimum of 15 minutes before being placed in the water.
- All forms of drugs to be banned from any part of the club’s property, any person caught using or carrying drugs will be subject to an immediate suspension and potential ban from the club.
- No braided hook lengths – only barbless hooks can be used with the only exception being for predator fishing i.e. Pike, Perch and Eels. All anglers must allow inspection of all lines and rigs when requested by the bailiff.
No night fishing allowed – Exception Chadwicks Pond ( see rule 5 )
Anybody found breaking this rule will be banned from the club for life.
Scraping for bloodworm in any club water is banned.
All cars must be parked in car parks.
Permitted times of fishing will be posted on notice boards, the web page and social media. No fishing is allowed outside of these times.
Members are not allowed on the bank side except for the hours allowed for fishing.
BOILIES CAN BE USED IN STANTON WATERS – 1Kg PER SESSION IF NEEDED (MAXIMUM AMOUNT ALLOWED) -THE USE OF BOILIES WILL BE STRICTLY MONITORED.
A plea of ignorance to these rules shall be no excuse.